Tuesday 2 October 2012

Greetings!!

Welcome! Hello! Would you like a cup of tea and a biscuit?

How do you start a new blog post? lol.

Well here goes!

I decided to create this blog to share my craft projects, recipes, general musings and ideas.

Since I've become a stay at home Mummy to my 2 year old daughter, I have taken a keen interest in craft, upclycling and exploring my creative side with the little time I am afforded each day.

Whilst most of my projects are not original (mostly from Instuctables.com & Pintrest) I usually like to put my own take or further details onto the project & hopefully can help and inspire other people to get creative & take up crafts.

I'm also not your usual Cath Kidston toting "Yummy Mummy" either (not that I don't like the odd Kidston and the occasional Orla Kiely to boot). But I'm a lot of different things, hippy, frugalista, free spirit, arty, young at heart and just a regular Mummy.

I don't always get my materials from John Lewis or posh art & craft shops, I love it when I can come across things that I can turn into beautiful or fun things for free. For instance, I've just rescued a fabulous broken golf umbrella stuffed into a hedge along our street, rescued the fabric and will hopefully be turning it into something funky soon. My long suffering husband is used to seeing me coming home with weird and wonderful stuff to recycle, upcycle or just generally muse upon & insists each time I must've been a crazy bag lady in a former existence and sometimes in this one too!

So that's pretty much what I'm about, it's been a pleasure to have had you look at my blog, hope you'll enjoy my future posts and ramblings.

Let me put some cake in a tin for you.

Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment